Some folks who remind me of the characters in THE VEIL. (And if you’d like attribution on the photos I haven’t been able to source, please let me know! Happy to correct.)
I think the cover artist absolutely *nailed* it. I also think this woman has a really interesting vibe:
Unknown Model. Source: DropDeadGorgeousDaily
Jonathan Groff. Source: Out Magazine
Unknown Model. Source: Tumblr
Nick Bateman. Not certain of the source; it’s from his Twitter profile.
Lamman Rucker. Photo by (I think) Quantrell Colbert
I haven’t quite hit on a photo that matches Malachi. This is pretty close:
Unknown Model. Source: Latest-Hairstyles
Got suggestions? Put ’em in the comments.
To celebrate my having finished writing MIDNIGHT MARKED, here are two new desktop wallpapers!
Click for the full-size image, then drag to your desktop, or right-click on your mouse and select “Save Image”.
Cadogan House Classic
The Veil Quote
Want more choices? Click here to see additional wallpapers.
Have you finished THE VEIL, and need more reads set in Louisiana?
Then you’ve come to the right place. I’ve been collecting romance and urban fantasy series set in Louisiana just for you.
Links are to the first book in the series. R = Romance/Erotica | RS = Romantic Suspense | PNR = Paranormal Romance | UF = Urban Fantasy | YA = Young Adult or Middle Grade
- Wicked, Jennifer Armentrout (UF – YA)
- Immortals After Dark, Kresley Cole (PNR)
- Genie McQueen, Sierra Dean (UF)
- Flynn Brothers, Heather Graham (RS)
- Jane Yellowrock, Faith Hunter (UF)
- Sentinels of New Orleans, Suzanne Johnson (UF)
- Ruby, Jeffe Kennedy (R)
- Dark-Hunter (and related worlds), Sherrilyn Kenyon (PNR)
- Twisted Miracles and Dangerous Calling, AJ Larrieau (PNR)
- Devil’s Isle, Chloe Neill (UF)
- Crescent City, Kristen Painter (UF)
- Makers Song | Black Dust Mambo, Adrian Phoenix (UF)
- Vampire Chronicles, Anne Rice (UF/Horror)
- Honest Illusions, Nora Roberts (R)
- Bayou Dreams, Farrah Rochon (R)
- Kara Gillian, Diana Rowland (UF)
- Orleans, Sherri L. Smith (YA)
Got more recommendations? Leave ’em in the comments.
Congrats to Jess L., who won THE VEIL Grand Prize Giveaway! (Jess, I’ve sent you an email.)
Stay tuned for more chances to win Devil’s Isle and Chicagoland Vampires goodies.
I hope everyone is enjoying THE VEIL! Thank you all for your kind words and comments.
If you want a look at some of the images that inspired me, check out THE VEIL’s Pinterest board. Or you can grab your own Devil’s Isle or Royal Mercantile T-shirt in the shop.
If you want a signed copy of the book (along with bookmarks and a screenwipe), there are plenty at Murder By the Book and FoxTale Bookshoppe. Just give them a ring!
Finally, I am thrilled to reveal that the name of the second book in the Devil’s Isle series is . . . THE SIGHT! I don’t have a release date yet, but I expect it will be available in August 2016.