I love this quote by Kay Gardiner of Mason-Dixon Knitting:*
“I do not contemplate clever ways to overcome an obstacle if I have the option of groaning softly, putting my head down, and waiting for the discomfort to pass.”
The post is about sweater construction, but the quote really resonated with me. I tend to procrastinate when I’m anxious about writing (currently, tricky edits), even on my seventeenth (!!) novel.
The novel will get turned in, and it will get turned in on time. The rest, really, is just waiting for the discomfort to pass.
* In case you haven’t noticed on Twitter or FB, I’m obsessed with knitting right now. I’m KnitWriteKnit on Ravelry. Feel free to friend me!
Have y’all noticed how many great UF/PNR books are out in the next 30 days?!
- Grave Visions, Kalayna Price – Available Now!
- Blood in Her Veins, Faith Hunter – Available Now!
- Wickedly Powerful, Deborah Blake – Available now!
- Bitter Bite, Jennifer Estep – February 26
- Chaos Choreography, Seanan Maguire, March 1
- Midnight Marked, Chloe Neill – March 1
- Fire Touched, Patricia Briggs – March 8
- Marked In Flesh, Anne Bishop – March 8
- The Sweetest Burn, Jeaniene Frost – March 29
What else is out/on the way soon?
We’re discussing Ethan, Liam, Jonah, and their real-life lookalikes on Facebook, and Barb S.-J. suggested Brock O’Hurn was a good model for Gabriel.
Not bad, I think. Not bad at all.
Saucy Wenches does it with a nice, Claire-y drink.
(Need a Midnight Marked ARC? Scroll down!)